Nose Surgery Right For You?
Rhinoplasty can be performed
on men and women of almost any age. However, it's usually recommended
that young people wait until facial growth is complete - about
age 13 or 14 for girls and 14 or 15 for boys. If you are a teenager,
having the procedure should be your own idea.
The Best Candidates For Eyelid Surgery
be a good candidate for rhinoplasty if you have any of the
- Your nose appears too large for your
- There is a bump or depression on the nasal bridge when viewed
- The nose seems too wide when viewed from the front
- The nasal tip droops or plunges
- The tip is thickened or enlarged
- The nostrils are excessively flared
- You nose is off-center or crooked
- A previous injury has made your nose asymmetrical
- You have an airway obstruction that impairs breathing
Should I Expect From The Consultation?
A consultation with Dr. Novotny is the first
step to learn how cosmetic nose surgery can improve
your appearance. A consultation
is designed to fully educate you about cosmetic nose surgery in
a non-pressured environment, and will include:
- A discussion of your goals and an evaluation
of your individual case
- The options available in cosmetic
- The likely outcomes of cosmetic
nose surgery and any
risks or potential complications
- The course of treatment recommended by Dr.
- Dr. Novotny will also answer any of your questions
your nostrils are too wide, the surgeon can remove small
wedges of skin form their base, bringing them closer together.
are made inside the nostrils or at the base of the nose,
providing access to the cartilage and bone, which can then
be sculpted into shape.
surgery, the surgeon marks the incision sites, following the
natural lines and creases of the upper and lower eyelids.
the septum improves the angle between the nose and upper lip.
splint made of tape and an overlay of plastic, metal, or
plaster is applied to help the bone and cartilage of the
nose maintain their new shape.
surgery, the patient has a smaller nose, a straighter bridge,
a well defined nasal tip, and an improved angle between the
nose and upper lip.