Is An Arm Lift?
An arm lift is a surgical
procedure that reshapes the under portion of the upper arm, from
the underarm region to the elbow. Technically called brachioplasty,
the procedure is performed to:
- Reduce excess sagging skin that droops
downward when the arm is extended away from the body
- Tighten and smooth the underlying supportive
tissue that defines the shape of the upper arm
addition, any localized pockets of fat in the upper arm region
may be reduced through brachioplasty, most commonly in conjunction
with liposuction techniques.
The conditions treated with brachioplasty may develop in both
men and women, most often due to loss of elasticity in the
skin and underlying tissue of the upper arm. This may also
result from the natural changes that occur with aging, heredity
or a combination of both.
Do I Begin?
A consultation with Dr. Novotny is the first
step to learn how arm lift surgery can help achieve a smoother,
more normal contour of the arm. A consultation is designed
to fully educate you about arm lift surgery in a non-pressured
environment, and will include:
- A discussion of your goals and an evaluation
of your individual case
- The options available in arm
- The likely outcomes of arm
lift surgery and any
risks or potential complications
- The course of treatment recommended by Dr.
- Dr. Novotny will also answer any of your questions